MathMods – Erasmus Mundus MSc in Mathematical Modelling in Engineering
MathMods - International Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Courses are offered at the Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics of the Gdańsk University of Technology. MathMods that have been offered since 2007 are two-year MSc courses in the field of Mathematical Modelling attended by students from all over the world. The courses are taught by five European Universities. Apart from the Gdańsk University of Technology these are:
- University of L'Aquila, Italy - main coordinator;
- Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain;
- University of Hamburg, Germany;
- University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France.
Each MathMods student pursues the program of study at two Universities at least and all instruction is in English.
The first two semesters are taught at L'Aquila and then in Hamburg. The second year of study in the specialization Advanced Computer Methods in Materials Science is taught in Gdańsk. The first semester includes five subjects:
- Classical Simulations with Particles,
- Quantum Simulations with Particles,
- Computer Modelling and Design of Materials,
- Continuum and Discrete-Continuum Models,
- Introduction to Nanotechnology and Physics of Low-Dimensional Systems.
The second semester is the Master's Thesis preparation.