Fields of study
The Faculty of Technical Physics and Applied Mathematics (FTiMS) at Gdańsk University of Technology offers courses of study in the field of Technical Physics and Applied Mathematics. These are seven-semester full-time first-degree studies to obtain an engineer's diploma and three-semester full-time second-degree master studies.
The rules of admission of candidates for the first year at Gdańsk University of Technology are announced each year and presented on the University's Website: http://rekrutacja.pg.gda.pl
The Faculty of Technical Physics and Applied Mathematics offers courses of study in:
- Technical Physics (majors: Physics and Energy Conversion Engineering, Applied Physics and Applied Information Technology)
- Nanotechnology (major: Nanomaterials and Functional Nanostructures)
- Mathematics (majors: Applied Mathematics, Biomathematics, Financial Mathematics)
and inter-faculty studies in :
- Materials Engineering jointly with the Faculty of Chemistry and Mechanical Engineering (major: Advanced Engineering of Functional Materials),
- Biomedical Engineering jointly with the Faculty of Chemistry and the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunication and Informatics (major: Medical Physics).
The Faculty of Technical Physics and Applied Mathematics at Gdańsk University of Technology is very well prepared to provide the offered courses of study.
We have highly qualified staff, specialist laboratories and experience.
We employ 103 academic teachers, including 25 professors and DScs and more than 50 PhDs in physical and mathematical sciences.
In the process of educating our students we closely cooperate with all the faculties and teaching divisions of Gdańsk University of Technology and the Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery of the Polish Academy of Sciences. Our Faculty - as one of the nine faculties of the largest technical university in Northern Poland - Gdańsk University of Technology - also provides students with comprehensive university social, library, IT and administration facilities.
Students are welcome to undertake interesting and future promising studies at our Faculty. The majors offered by the Faculty are in line with the developmental trends of the societies in Poland, Europe and developed countries of the world.
Graduation from the Faculty of Technical Physics and Applied Mathematics at the Gdańsk University of Technology will provide a perfect basis to find, currently and in the future, an interesting job in industry, banking, management and administration, science and in many other branches of economy and areas of human activity.