Employment as an assistant researcher (student) at the project OPUS14 (UMO-2017/27/B/ST5/03044) pt. New Heusler-type compounds based on alkaline earth metalsfrom National Centre of Science (Poland).
Description of project tasks:
• synthesis of intermetallic compounds using the arc-melting or solid state method;
• powder x-ray diffraction analysis;
• physical propertymeasurements, e.g. resistivity and thermopower measurements.
• Must have a good command of English (written and spoken)and interpersonal communication.
• High motivation to conduct research.
• Flexible working hours.
Candidates with additional experience in the areas listed below will be preferred:
- FullProf package or HighScore,
Form of employment:
scholarship from the day the contract was signed until 30/06/2021. We offer 1200 PLN per month.
Procedures for the recruitment:
1st Stage – an assessment of written applications.
Applicants should submit:
• Full CV,
• A motivation letter stating the current/future interests, including description of scientific activity: completed courses, conferences, research projects, publications, etc.
Please include a statement:"In accordance with the personal data protection act, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data for recruitment purposes”.
2nd Stage – a qualifying interview (Skype) with selected candidates.
Terms and Conditions:
The candidate is required to implement all steps to obtain a MScdegree.
For informal inquiries about the project and application procedure, please, contact prof. dr hab. inż. Tomasz Klimczuk (http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/tomek) prior to the deadline of January 29, 2020 (12am). Please send the application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please title the email “OPUS14-student application”)
Nr of positions available: 1