Employment as an assistant researcher (student) at the project OPUS 14 (UMO-2017/27/B/ST5/03044) pt. New Heusler-type compounds based on alkaline earth metals
from National Centre of Science (Poland).
Description of project tasks:
• synthesis of intermetallic compounds using the arc-melting or solid state method;
• powder x-ray diffraction analysis;
• physical property measurements, e.g. resistivity and thermopower measurements.
• Must have a good command of English (written and spoken) and interpersonal communication.
• High motivation to conduct research.
• Flexible working hours.
Candidates with additional experience in the areas listed below will be preferred:
- powder X-ray diffraction analysis,
- synthesis of intermetallic or oxide compounds,
- proved experience in using glovebox,
Form of employment: scholarship from the day the contract was signed until 30/06/2021. We offer 1200 PLN per month.
Procedures for the recruitment:
1st Stage – an assessment of written applications.
Applicants should submit:
• Full CV,
• A motivation letter stating the current/future interests, including description of scientific activity: completed courses, conferences, research projects, publications, etc. Please include a statement:
"In accordance with the personal data protection act, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data for recruitment purposes”.
2nd Stage – a qualifying interview (Skype) with selected candidates.
For informal inquiries about the project and application procedure, please, contact
prof. dr hab. inż. Tomasz Klimczuk (http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/tomek) prior to the deadline of September 23, 2020 (1pm). Please send the application via email to: email@example.com (Please title the email “OPUS14 - student application”)
Nr of positions available: 1