Employment as an assistant researcher (PhD student) at the project OPUS from National Centre of Science (Poland).
Description of project tasks:
• synthesis of intermetallic compounds using the arc-melting and solid state reaction method;
• powder x-ray diffraction analysis;
• physical property measurements and analysis of electrical resistivity, magnetization and specific heat data.
• Master Degree in physics, chemistry or material science,
• Must have a good command of English (written and spoken) and interpersonal communication.
• High motivation to conduct research.
• Flexible working hours.
Candidates with additional experience in the areas listed below will be preferred:
- Rietveld analysis,
- Quantum Design PPMS system.
Procedures for the recruitment:
1st Stage – an assessment of written applications.
Applicants should submit:
• Full CV,
• A recommendation letter,
• A motivation letter stating the current/future interests, including description of scientific activity: completed courses, conferences, research projects, publications, etc. Please include a statement:
"In accordance with the personal data protection act, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data for recruitment purposes”.
2nd Stage – a qualifying interview (Skype) with selected candidates
Terms and Conditions:
Scholarship amount: 2500 PLN / month
Employment period: 12 months
Start of employment: July 1, 2020
For informal inquiries about the project and application procedure, please, contact prof. Tomasz Klimczuk (http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/tomek) prior to the deadline of
June 19, 2020 (16.00 pm). E-mail: email@example.com
Nr of positions available: 1